Blogging is a great way to express and share your thoughts about a particular subject. My experience in journalism is somewhat new. The only class for my media studies minor I have taken is Intro to Journalism and Mass Communication. I did however learn so many great things about journalism in that class. Also, my dad was a journalism major so I have learned a lot from him as well. The beat that I am covering is the San Diego Chargers. What I hope to learn from this beat is all of the most recent news about the Chargers and the city of San Diego as well. I also hope to learn a lot about the chargers summer practices in order to prepare for they're new season that is coming up. I chose this beat because I am a huge San Diego Chargers fan and always have been. I have never covered a beat before but I am excited for this one to be my first. My strengths as a journalist is that I am passionate about what I am writing about and also I go in depth and think outside of the box for what I am covering. My weaknesses as a journalist would be that when I am writing about something that I am not passionate about I tend to lose focus and do not put in as much effort as I should be.
I have never done or made a blog before so this is all new to me. My feelings towards blogging are positive, I am really excited to show my passion for journalism and express my ideas and thoughts. The only thing that somewhat scares me is if there is not enough information that my beats provide about the chargers summer practices. I am confident that I will give my best effort in this and I will be able to cover many really stories about the Chargers. What I will learn from blogging is how to share my ideas and thoughts professionally along with being able to cover the story I am following in depth.
http://www.chargers.com/
http://www.chargers.com/news
From,
Ryan Ramos
No comments:
Post a Comment